- 1 package cornbread mix, prepared as directed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans or kidney beans, drained
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 12 strips bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 34 ounces whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
- Use a deep glass bowl or small punch bowl.
- Crumble half of the baked cornbread in the bottom of the bowl.
- Top with half of the beans.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions, green pepper, and jalapeno peppers.
- Spread half of the tomato mixture over the beans, then sprinkle with half the bacon, half the cheese and half of the corn.
- In another small bowl, stir together the sour cream, salsa, mayonnaise and Ranch dressing mix.
- Spread half of the sour cream mixture ofer the corn (drop by spoonfuls and spread gently).
- Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and chill for several hours before serving.
- Garnish with a little shredded Cheddar cheese if desired.