This is a great one pot quick dinner! Serve with cranberry sauce and green beans.
-2 Turkey Tenderloins – approx. 2 lbs
-2 pkgs stovetop stuffing mix
– 1/2 cup chopped pecans
-1/2 cup craisins
-1/2 onion, chopped
-1/2 cup chopped celery
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
-2 tbls butter
-2 links spicy turkey sausage
– 1/2 cup chicken broth
-salt & pepper
-saute onions, garlic and celery in fry pan with butter. set aside
-remove turkey sausage casings, brown until crispy mix in onion mixture and let meld flavors.
-in large bowl, combine one pkg of stuffing mix with craisins & pecans. Stir in onion/sausage mixture.
-in large pot (i use cast iron with a lid) drizzle olive oil in bottom of pan
-season turkey with spices to taste-place in bottom of pan
-pour chicken broth over turkey
-cover turkey with stuffing mixture – pat down firmly.
-cook on low on stove top for 2 hours
4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
10 small red skin potatoes,quartered
1 head of Garlic, smashed
1 lemon, 1/2 for juice – 1/2 sliced thin to mix in casserole
prepared Italian Dressing
Salt & Pepper
1. pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
2. spread small amount of dressing in bottom of 13×9 baking dish
3. toss garlic, green beans, potatoes, lemon slices with italian dressing to coat.
4. place green bean mixture in 13×9
5. place chicken on top of green bean mixture, season with salt, pepper, lemon juice and drizzle with dressing.
6. cook for 30 minutes until chicken starts to brown. stir so chicken is covered with green beans and potatoes and lower oven to 325 degrees. Cook for approximately 1 hour longer, basting chicken and stirring green bean mixture occasionally to crisp potatoes and keep chicken moist.
1 – 16oz bag of Red Lentils, rinsed well
4 large carrots, chopped
1 – bag southern style frozen hashbrowns (not the kind with peppers)
12 cups water
1/2 cup Chicken soup base
4 small onions chopped
2 tbls butter
1 tbls olive oil
2 tbls tomato paste
paprika, black pepper, salt, to taste
pinch of allspice
and cayenne pepper to taste
bring water to boil and dissolve soup base. Add lentils, carrots, potatoes, bring to boil and reduce to simmer 30 minutes. While soup is simmering prepare onions. In separate fry pan melt the butter and oil, cook onions until golden stir in tomato paste and cook two more minutes. add the onion mixture to the soup mixture and cook 20 minutes. Use immersion blender to puree to desired texture
I added a pinch of allspice and a healthy shake of cayenne pepper at the end.
It gets thicker as it cooks add water and seasoning to taste
Serve with lemon wedges and fresh bread
4-10oz Cans Country Style Biscuit Dough
1-10oz can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1-26oz can Cream of Chicken Soup
3 Cooked Chicken Breasts, roughly chopped
1/4 brick Cream Cheese
1 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 small bag frozen mixed veggies ( I used the steam in bag size with peas, carrots, beans and corn)
Salt, pepper and granulated garlic to taste
1. In a saucepan, combine the soups, cream cheese, veggies and the seasonings.
2. Remove from heat and fold in the chicken.
3. Once completely cool, mix in the shredded cheese, set aside.
4. Prepare the muffin tins with non stick spray.
5. Line each tin with a biscuit, I flatten mine out like little pizzas, and the biscuit will go about 1/4 of the way up.
6. Top with a spoonful of chicken filling. Do not cover completely, you want the biscuit to grow around the filling.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
8. Let cool in muffin tin for approximately 3 minutes and then cool completely on wire baking rack.
Makes about 40 pot pies.
1 bag Country Style Frozen Hashbrowns (chunky, not shredded)
1/2 onion, chopped fine
1 Brick Cream Cheese (don’t use Fat Free or reduced fat, it doesn’t melt)
1-10oz can Cream of Chicken Soup
3-10oz cans Chicken Broth
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Saute onion in butter until golden in your soup pot
2. Add chicken broth to soup pot
3. Add 1/2 of hashbrowns
4. Add cream of chicken, salt & pepper
5. Let simmer for 2 hours.
6. Add remaining hashbrowns & cream cheese, simmer for 1 hour.
7. Serve with Shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, chives and sour cream for Loaded Potato Soup
I’m a Ranch Dressing Freak and I hate it out of the bottle. Because of that I eat most of my salads at restaurants, as opposed to making good salads at home. So I’m especially grateful for Ree Drummond the Pioneer Woman for this delicious recipe. I ate a salad at home everyday this past weekend, it was just that good!
This is straight from her website:
■1 clove (to 2 Cloves) Garlic
■ Salt To Taste
■1/4 cup Italian Flat-leaf Parsley
■2 Tablespoons Fresh Chives
■1 cup (Real) Mayonnaise
■1/2 cup Sour Cream
■ Buttermilk (as Needed To Desired Consistency)
■ 1 tsp White Vinegar
■ 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
■ Fresh Dill
■ Cayenne Pepper
■ Tabasco (optional, To Taste)
Mince the garlic with a knife and then sprinkle about an 1/8 to ¼ teaspoons of salt on it and mash it into a paste with a fork. Chop the parsley, chives and any of the optional herbs very finely and add to the garlic.
In a bowl combine all ingredients, adding other optional ingredients as you wish, tasting frequently and adjusting seasonings as needed. Chill for a couple of hours before serving, thin with milk or buttermilk if desired.
When it’s too hot to turn on the stove we normally grill … but it’s been 110 degrees all week and who wants to stand in front of a 400 degree grill in that mess. So I pulled out the good old crock pot today and made some delicious chicken. This is probably my new favorite recipe.
4-6 Chicken Breasts
1 can of chipotle peppers in adobo
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 can of Cherry Coke Zero
1/4 cup of Brown Sugar (or Splenda Brown Sugar)
1 tablespoon of Cocoa Powder
Quarter the onion and spread it out around the bottom of your crock pot, lay the chicken breasts over the onions and throw in the chopped garlic. Dump in the can of chipotle peppers and the brown sugar, cocoa and pour in the can of cherry coke.
set on low for 4-5 hours. When done carefully pull out the breasts and shred with a fork
I served this with sour cream, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, cherry tomatoes and flour tortillas. Delicious.