I’m a Ranch Dressing Freak and I hate it out of the bottle. Because of that I eat most of my salads at restaurants, as opposed to making good salads at home. So I’m especially grateful for Ree Drummond the Pioneer Woman for this delicious recipe. I ate a salad at home everyday this past weekend, it was just that good!
This is straight from her website:
■1 clove (to 2 Cloves) Garlic
■ Salt To Taste
■1/4 cup Italian Flat-leaf Parsley
■2 Tablespoons Fresh Chives
■1 cup (Real) Mayonnaise
■1/2 cup Sour Cream
■ Buttermilk (as Needed To Desired Consistency)
■ 1 tsp White Vinegar
■ 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
■ Fresh Dill
■ Cayenne Pepper
■ Tabasco (optional, To Taste)
Mince the garlic with a knife and then sprinkle about an 1/8 to ¼ teaspoons of salt on it and mash it into a paste with a fork. Chop the parsley, chives and any of the optional herbs very finely and add to the garlic.
In a bowl combine all ingredients, adding other optional ingredients as you wish, tasting frequently and adjusting seasonings as needed. Chill for a couple of hours before serving, thin with milk or buttermilk if desired.
I follow this recipe blogger on Twitter and she is CRAZY! I love reading the recipes she comes up with. A few weeks ago, I hosted a baby shower for a friend and I couldn’t help but copy this recipe idea for oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies.
I didn’t have the time to make my own cookie dough so I used some short cuts:
- 1 large tube of chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 package of Oreo Cookies
Follow the instructions listed here. I only have a large cookie scoop. I used 1 full scoop, divided it in half and cover each oreo like the author of Picky Palate does. Mine cookies weren’t as pretty as hers, but everyone went bananas over these cookies at the baby shower. They were a HUGE hit!
*NOTE the large tube of cookie dough only made about 1 dozen cookies. If you will be alone around the finished cookies for any period of time, you may want to refrain from making more than 1 dozen.
Great for parties!
- 1 lb frozen bread or pizza dough – defrosted
- 1/2 pound shaved Ham
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup miracle whip
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tblsp grated parm cheese
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Place dough on lightly floured surface; roll into 12×8 in rectangle
- Top dough evenly with ham, leaving 1/2 inch border around the edges of the dough, slices of ham can overlap
- Mix cheddar cheese and miracle whip and spread evenly over ham
- Moisten edges of the dough with water. Starting at one of the long sides of dough, fold 1/3 of the dough over filling, then repeat with other long side of dough, pinch ends together to seal
- place the roll, seam side down, on a lightly greased baking sheet or an ungreased silicone mat.
- cut 3 diaganol slits in the top of the dough and brush evenly with egg; sprinkle with parm cheese
Bake 35 to 40 mins or until golden brown. Cool 10 mins before cutting into 6 slices
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbls sugar, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halfs
- 1 tbls cocoa
- 3-4 tsp chili powder
- 1/8-1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
heat oven to 350 degrees.
stir together 1/4 cup sugar & 1 cup water, stir until sugar is dissolved. Soak pecans for 10 minutes. Drain
toss pecans with remaining ingredients & spread on baking pan.
bake 10-15 minutes until pecans appear dry and glisten