This is a great one pot quick dinner! Serve with cranberry sauce and green beans.
-2 Turkey Tenderloins – approx. 2 lbs
-2 pkgs stovetop stuffing mix
– 1/2 cup chopped pecans
-1/2 cup craisins
-1/2 onion, chopped
-1/2 cup chopped celery
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
-2 tbls butter
-2 links spicy turkey sausage
– 1/2 cup chicken broth
-salt & pepper
-saute onions, garlic and celery in fry pan with butter. set aside
-remove turkey sausage casings, brown until crispy mix in onion mixture and let meld flavors.
-in large bowl, combine one pkg of stuffing mix with craisins & pecans. Stir in onion/sausage mixture.
-in large pot (i use cast iron with a lid) drizzle olive oil in bottom of pan
-season turkey with spices to taste-place in bottom of pan
-pour chicken broth over turkey
-cover turkey with stuffing mixture – pat down firmly.
-cook on low on stove top for 2 hours
4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
10 small red skin potatoes,quartered
1 head of Garlic, smashed
1 lemon, 1/2 for juice – 1/2 sliced thin to mix in casserole
prepared Italian Dressing
Salt & Pepper
1. pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
2. spread small amount of dressing in bottom of 13×9 baking dish
3. toss garlic, green beans, potatoes, lemon slices with italian dressing to coat.
4. place green bean mixture in 13×9
5. place chicken on top of green bean mixture, season with salt, pepper, lemon juice and drizzle with dressing.
6. cook for 30 minutes until chicken starts to brown. stir so chicken is covered with green beans and potatoes and lower oven to 325 degrees. Cook for approximately 1 hour longer, basting chicken and stirring green bean mixture occasionally to crisp potatoes and keep chicken moist.
1 – 16oz bag of Red Lentils, rinsed well
4 large carrots, chopped
1 – bag southern style frozen hashbrowns (not the kind with peppers)
12 cups water
1/2 cup Chicken soup base
4 small onions chopped
2 tbls butter
1 tbls olive oil
2 tbls tomato paste
paprika, black pepper, salt, to taste
pinch of allspice
and cayenne pepper to taste
bring water to boil and dissolve soup base. Add lentils, carrots, potatoes, bring to boil and reduce to simmer 30 minutes. While soup is simmering prepare onions. In separate fry pan melt the butter and oil, cook onions until golden stir in tomato paste and cook two more minutes. add the onion mixture to the soup mixture and cook 20 minutes. Use immersion blender to puree to desired texture
I added a pinch of allspice and a healthy shake of cayenne pepper at the end.
It gets thicker as it cooks add water and seasoning to taste
Serve with lemon wedges and fresh bread
I saw a link for this on pinterest, but I never looked up the recipe, so this may or may not be someone else’s recipe!!
I thought I had a bunch of franks red hot wing sauce but it turned out I didn’t, I think the unique blend of the sauces I did have is what made this so delicious though!! Use what you have, but I’ll list what I used today.
-1 lb of boneless skinless chicken (breast or thigh or both)
-wing sauce (I used 1/2 cup franks red hot wing sauce, 1/2 cup Texas Pete, and 1/4 cup Krystal)
-half stick butter
– I packet buttermilk ranch dry mix
-half Vidalia onion, minced
Throw in the crock pot for 4-6 hours on low, shred the chicken, mix the sauce and pour it over the chicken and serve with homemade ranch dressing.
You can put this on rolls, wraps or eat it by itself! Yum!
This is a great cake and really delicious frosting. Even though it’s a 4 layer cake, it’s easy to throw together and the frosting looks really pretty all messy.
Cake (Recipe from Bakarella)
1 Cake Mix Flavor of your choice
1 box of instant pudding mix flavor of your choice
3/4 cup Oil
8 oz of Sprite
Beat all ingredients together for 2 minutes or so and bake at 325 for the time the box lists for your size of pans (I always do 2 minutes less than the minimum time and go from there.)
This is a tip I learned in my cake decorating class that I use on every cake. Remove the pans from the oven and as soon as you can handle the pans (they should still be quite hot) flip the cakes onto plastic wrap and completely wrap the warm cakes. Allow the cakes to cool in the plastic wrap. This keeps them so moist and wonderful.
This is enough to fill and frost 2 layers. If you want to cut the two cakes into 4 layers, you should make a double recipe of this frosting
8 oz Cream Cheese Softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
2 cups heavy cream
OPTIONAL – 1/2 Package of Instant Pudding Mix in the flavor of your choice
Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, almond and optional pudding until smooth. Slowly add whipping cream to the mix and beat until the frosting creates stiff peaks.
4-10oz Cans Country Style Biscuit Dough
1-10oz can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1-26oz can Cream of Chicken Soup
3 Cooked Chicken Breasts, roughly chopped
1/4 brick Cream Cheese
1 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 small bag frozen mixed veggies ( I used the steam in bag size with peas, carrots, beans and corn)
Salt, pepper and granulated garlic to taste
1. In a saucepan, combine the soups, cream cheese, veggies and the seasonings.
2. Remove from heat and fold in the chicken.
3. Once completely cool, mix in the shredded cheese, set aside.
4. Prepare the muffin tins with non stick spray.
5. Line each tin with a biscuit, I flatten mine out like little pizzas, and the biscuit will go about 1/4 of the way up.
6. Top with a spoonful of chicken filling. Do not cover completely, you want the biscuit to grow around the filling.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
8. Let cool in muffin tin for approximately 3 minutes and then cool completely on wire baking rack.
Makes about 40 pot pies.
1 bag Country Style Frozen Hashbrowns (chunky, not shredded)
1/2 onion, chopped fine
1 Brick Cream Cheese (don’t use Fat Free or reduced fat, it doesn’t melt)
1-10oz can Cream of Chicken Soup
3-10oz cans Chicken Broth
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Saute onion in butter until golden in your soup pot
2. Add chicken broth to soup pot
3. Add 1/2 of hashbrowns
4. Add cream of chicken, salt & pepper
5. Let simmer for 2 hours.
6. Add remaining hashbrowns & cream cheese, simmer for 1 hour.
7. Serve with Shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, chives and sour cream for Loaded Potato Soup